Generational Equity Library - SAGE Resources
Impact of Poverty on Reading Readiness
- Donald J. Hernandez, Double-Jeopardy. How Third Grade Reading Skills and Poverty Influence High School Graduation, The Annie E. Casey Foundation (2012), http://www.aecf.org/m/resourcedoc/AECF-DoubleJeopardy-2012-Full.pdf.
Cost of Attending College
- National Center for Education Statistics, Fast Facts: Tuition Costs of Colleges and Universities, https://nces.ed.gov/fastfacts/display.asp?id=76.
Personal Impacts from Student Loan Debt
- The Institute for College Access & Success, Project on Student Loan Debt, http://ticas.org/posd/home.
- EdAssist, Student Loan Debt: Who’s Paying the Price? (2016), https://1library.net/document/z1dko3re-student-loan-debt-who-s-paying-the-price.html.
Environmental Destruction and Loss of Species
- Millennium Ecosystem Assessment, Living Beyond our Means: Natural Assets and Human Well Being, Statement from the Board (March 2005), www.millenniumassessment.org/documents/document.429.aspx.pdf.
- Millennium Ecosystem Assessment, Ecosystems and Human Well-Being: Synthesis, (Washington, D.C.,: Island Press, 2005), http://www.millenniumassessment.org/documents/document.356.aspx.pdf.
Oceans as Dumping Grounds for Plastics
- World Economic Forum, The New Plastics Economy Rethinking the future of plastics (2016), http://www3.weforum.org/docs/WEF_The_New_Plastics_Economy.pdf.
Childhood Poverty and Impacts of Homelessness
- Federal Interagency Forum on Aging-Related Statistics. Older Americans 2016: Key Indicators of Well-Being. Federal Interagency Forum on Aging-Related Statistics. Washington, DC: U.S. Government Printing Office. August 2016, https://agingstats.gov/docs/LatestReport/Older-Americans-2016-Key-Indicators-of-WellBeing.pdf.
- Teresa Wiltz, 'Invisible' Homeless Kids Challenge States (Pew Charitable Trusts, December 3, 2014), http://www.pewtrusts.org/en/research-and-analysis/blogs/stateline/2014/12/3/invisible-homeless-kids-challenge-states.
- The Annie E. Casey Foundation, Kids Count 2016 (2016, available at: http://www.aecf.org/m/resourcedoc/aecf-the2016kidscountdatabook-2016.pdf.
Challenges to Upward Mobility and the American Dream
- The Fading American Dream: Trends in Absolute Income Mobility Since 1940 Raj Chetty, David Grusky, Maximilian Hell, Nathaniel Hendren, Robert Manduca, and Jimmy Narang NBER Working Paper No. 22910 December 2016 JEL No. H0,J0. (page 2 and 18) Available at: http://www.equality-of-opportunity.org/papers/abs_mobility_paper.pdf.
- The Fading American Dream: Trends in Absolute Income Mobility Since 1940, Raj Chetty, David Grusky, Maximilian Hell, Nathaniel Hendren, Robert Manduca, and Jimmy Narang, Executive Summary, December 2016 (page 1 and 2), available at: http://www.equality-of-opportunity.org/assets/documents/abs_mobility_summary.pdf. See also: www.equality-of-opportunity.org/.