Sometimes, the best way to get to know a group is to learn their common vision. As the LAB welcomed new members this month, we took a moment to recall the elements of the future we’re collectively working to bring forth.
- Clean water – it’s what everyone needs for health and what connects us all to each other and the planet
- Change starts with efficiency and ends with humanity – we’re a team of humans who care a lot
- Intersectionality – living harmoniously without domination
- Nature relationship through recreation
- Leadership advancement through better communication skills
- Access to basic well-being, connection to natural world, everyone empowered to activate their own destiny
- More love in our world
- A new utopian vision
- When cascadia hits, everyone knows what to do, is sensitive to the impact on the places they go
- Acknowledhe the shared humanity and release the creativity and brilliance of those behind bars
The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago, the second best time to plant a tree is now.
These visions speak to the heart of the LAB’s work together. It’s beautiful when we assemble all of our visions together and witness that we have similar drives and passions with personal quirks and niches.
The LAB also celebrated a benchmark in our 2018-2019 programming: we held our first focus group learning from other emerging leaders about their priorities for action and volunteerism – which will help inform SAGE’s intergenerational programs and leadership.